viernes, 16 de agosto de 2013

la vela









In the middle of a water-pouring sky that tortures our ears with shellfire; inside the house, on the bedroom’s bedside table, fitted inside the neck of a soda bottle, the candle protects me of the darkness of the universe. It’s hard to fall asleep when I hear your footsteps on the stairs. You’ve come to me blindly, asking for comfort. I make room for you and we squeeze in. With my right hand, my most skillful hand, I cares your cheek, wet from the tears, I move it down to your side and I go through your ribs, all of your ribs, one after another, as if it was a philosophical argument; a single, fundamental argument beneath your shirt.




LA VELA. En medio de un cielo que se derrumba en agua y que atormenta nuestros oídos con sus cañonazos; dentro de la casa,  sobre la mesilla de la alcoba, y encajada en una botella de gaseosa, la vela me protege de la oscuridad del universo. Resulta difícil dormirse cuando escucho tus pasos por la escalera. Has venido a ciegas pidiendo consuelo. Te hago un sitio y te apretujas contra mí. Con la mano derecha, mi mano más hábil, acaricio tu mejilla mojada de llorar,  la bajo  hasta el costado  y recorro tus costillas, todas tus costillas, una tras otra, como si de un argumento filosófico se tratara; un único y fundamental argumento bajo tu camiseta.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario